Re: Use of trademarked operating system icons (eg. Windows logo) in Fedora programs

> Thinking about this a little more, I guess that the answer might
> depend upon the specifics of the logo itself.  So here is a list of
> the logos I would like to use and as best as I can find it the
> information about trademark restrictions for each one.  Or at least
> the restrictions that each company is claiming.

The complete answer here is not simple, but I can give you a simple one:

* Don't do it. It would not be acceptable for Fedora. Use the word marks
instead.

Let me know if that is not sufficient and you want the more complete answer.

~tom

==
Fedora Project