Use of trademarked operating system icons (eg. Windows logo) in Fedora programs

I'm afraid my google-fu is failing me and I cannot find if we have
specific legal advice on including trademarked operating system logos
(eg. the Windows logo[1] or the FreeBSD logo[2]) in Fedora packages.

The nearest I can find is this advice on xbill -- use rejected because
xbill was *disparaging* the Windows OS:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2009-February/000547.html

My proposed use is in a graphical program that identifies different
virtual machine operating systems, so the use would just be
informative, not disparaging.

These logos are of course not Free because there are restrictions on
both field of use and modification.  On the other hand, we distribute
things like GFDL documentation, the Firefox logo, and firmware which
also has limits.

Apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious in the wiki: there's
plenty of talk about using the *Fedora* logo in the right way, but
nothing I can find about using other logos ...

Rich.

[1] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/File:Windows_logo.svg
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html