Re: Fedora Core 4 coming . . . sunset, infrastructure issues . . . meeting?
|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 On Jun 28, 2006, at 8:51 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
Cool, I'll start a bugzilla entry for this and post an update to the FC3 yum-conf package for FC4.On Wednesday 28 June 2006 18:49, David Eisenstein wrote:1) Legacy maintainers need to prepare a package or set of packages for Fedora Core 4 users to give them Fedora Legacy yum repositories topull updated packages from, and to install for them the FedoraLegacy package signing GPG key. Details of this package preparationneed to be planned and executed.I'm pretty sure FC4 repos already exist on download.fedoralegacy.org, we justneed to populate them with a yum-config package.
I'm all for leaving behind as much as possible as soon as possible. After seeing absolutely no response to David's "Status of bugs in the queue" message, I am even more convinced that there is a serious lack of interest in maintaining packages. Six months should be plenty of time for those to migrate away from the older RH releases.4) Has the community reached any kind of consensus on the issues of potentially retiring Red Hat Linux 7.3, Red Hat Linux 9, Fedora Core1, Fedora Core 2?The best plan I heard thus far was to phase out FC1 and 2 at the proper time (when FC6 reaches test2 and we get FC4), but give RHL 6~ months to get movedto something better.
On the technical side, I need to get plague/mock setup for FC4 since we're still waiting on an "integrated" Fedora solution. I can probably get this done over the weekend. I assume Jesse or someone will be taking care of transferring bugzilla stuff over to legacy.5) Are there other items, either of a technical or political nature we need to do before we become the stewards of Fedora Core 4's securityand critical bug fix updates?I don't know. Community?
I will likely not be available the rest of this week, and next Monday and Tuesday are holiday evenings in the United States of America. Shall we shoot for an meeting on IRC mid-week next week? If we meet on Wednesday, July 7th, that will leave us 12 calendar days to get stuff done betweenthat meeting and the time we are due to inherit Fedora Core 4.WORKSFORMETrying to setup a time is a nightmare though. Lets start the bidding at 14:00 UTC (which is 10:00am Eastern Daylight Time, otherwise known as Red Hatstandard time (: )
That time wouldn't work for me. If the meeting will be during the week, then I could make it only after 4pm eastern time. Of course, don't change the time just for me - I think I've already made my views clear about dropping support for the older releases, so if it comes to a vote, count me for dropping them ASAP.
David, thanks for the constant prodding about this stuff; I think it's been needed :)
- -Jeff -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (Darwin) iD8DBQFEpEUpKe7MLJjUbNMRAqCUAKCQpg4XMmKj+VmWj8H+IEDxWM0o2gCgmgq3 unWvWGhbJ0rLfi9ghe4GBpM= =AWoX -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- -- fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-legacy-list
[Fedora Development] [Fedora Announce] [Fedora Legacy Announce] [Fedora Config] [PAM] [Fedora General Discussion] [Big List of Linux Books] [Gimp] [Free Internet Dating] [Yosemite Questions]