Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 15:45 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:

The problem is two fold:

1) You can't use Fedora standards for the RHL releases, only for the
Fedora releases.

You are correct.  However Fedora Legacy originally was just for Fedora.
It was my choice and the choice of other users to extend the Legacy
project to the RHL releases.  To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that
interested in maintaining these RHL releases, but the community seems to
be for now.

This is not the impression the project gives off in any way other than
its name.

2) This is a major change to the tenents that FL was founded on.  Any such
change must be by consensus.  We must establish if there is a consensus or
not.

Correct.  We have some of that, although with some misunderstanding on
many sides (;

Honestly I haven't seen enough naysayers yet to discard this shortened
timeout policy.

Nor have I seen enough people in favor of it to counter those against it.
In other words, we have very few stating anything at all.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!