Re: Join apprentice group

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:23:26 -0800 (PST)
"Aljerin Butler,Jr." <albutlerjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Al Butler. I introduced myself several weeks ago and have
> been attending your online meetings since. I would like to join your
> apprentice group.

Excellent.

> As I had mentioned in my introduction, I am interested in web
> development and have some experience in script programming via Perl.
> Am new to Python but getting more familiar with it these past weeks.
> abadger1999 had pointed me to
> https://fedorahosted.org/elections/report/3,
> https://fedorahosted.org/elections/ticket/19 and
> https://fedorahosted.org/elections/ticket/36 for starters.

If you're interested in the programming side more, there's no need to
join the apprentice group. Thats more focused on sysadmin side of
things. If you're interested in both, you're welcome though. ;)
Do find us on #fedora-admin on freenode and we can get you setup.

> I'm not familiar with the software development process, so could you
> point me to any info as to how your process works in checking
> software in and out as I get going? Where can I find out about using
> gettext with Python?

The elections app above is in git in fedorahosted.
Go to https://fedorahosted.org/elections/ and you can see instructions
on how to check out the code.

Commits are usually gated through a mentor at first, then you are added
to the group that can do commits directly.

Welcome again.

kevin