Fedora 16 will use gnome-shell 3.2.x and gjs 1.30.x.
Unfortunately We could not integrate ibus gjs into gnome-shell so we still need to install ibus-gnome3 by manual for gnome-shell.

There are two points to enable ibus-gnome3 with gnome-shell.

*#1 Checking the versions*
After you install ibus-gnome3 (yum install ibus-gnome3), you will notice /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ibus-indicator@xxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json is
installed. That file provides the supported versions of gnome-shell and gjs.

# yum install gnome-shell gjs
# rpm -q gnome-shell gjs
gnome-shell-3.1.92-1.fc16.x86_64
gjs-1.29.18-1.fc16.x86_64
# yum install --enablerepo=updates-testing ibus ibus-gnome3
# rpm -q ibus-gnome3
ibus-gnome3-1.4.0-2.fc16.x86_64
# cat /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ibus-indicator@xxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json
{"shell-version": ["3.1.92"],
   "js-version": ["1.29.18"],
   "uuid": "ibus-indicator@xxxxxxxxxxx",
   "name": "Input-Method Status Indicator",
   "description": "Add a system status menu for input-methods using IBus",
   "url": "https://github.com/fujiwarat/ibus-gjs";
}

The example shows metadata.json file has the two keys ‘shell-version’ and ‘js-version’ and ‘shell-version’ is ’3.1.92′ and ‘js-version’ is ’1.29.18′.
The versions are matched with the versions of gnome-shell and gjs.
If the versions are different, ibus-gnome3 won’t be enabled with gnome-shell. [1]

*#2 Enable dconf key*
Unfortunately all shell extensions are disabled by default in GNOME 3.2 so you need to enable the dconf key by manual.

% gsettings get org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions
[]
% gsettings set org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions "['ibus-indicator@xxxxxxxxxxx']"
% gsettings get org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions
['ibus-indicator@xxxxxxxxxxx']

Now you can enable ibus-gnome3 with gnome-shell in Fedora 16. [2]

% gnome-shell --replace

If you cannot enable ibus-gnome3 but no errors on terminal, probably the follwing debug option might be useful for you

% env GJS_DEBUG_OUTPUT=stderr  gnome-shell --replace

Note: gnome-shell 3.2.0 and gjs 1.30.0 will be available soon and I also will update ibus-gnome3 with metadata.json file.

[1] Actually gnome-shell compares the versions with /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc/config.js and the checking script is versionCheck() in
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/extensionSystem.js
[2] If you’d like to run gnome-shell by manual, compiz-gnome can shows the ‘Classic GNOME with Compiz’ on GDM login screen.