Re: F9 Feature planning meeting

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
Jens Petersen wrote:
What do you think, could "Free Finnish
spellchecking and hyphenation" be an I18N feature for F-9?
It sounds good to me as a potential F9 feature.

Are you going to write a feature proposal? :)
I might, although all this is quite new to me.

Well it is partly a matter of how much attention you want for this work IMHO. I mean the packages can be added to Fedora of course whether it is an official accepted feature or not. So it is not like you have to propose it as a feature in order for it to go into Fedora. I think it would be very nice to have better support for Finnish in Fedora so the packaging itself is the most important part: in the longer term it might help with other languages that have long compound words too perhaps?

Are there any guidelines on writing one?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Jens