Re: packaging apache parent poms

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Jack Tanner <ihok@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There's apparently precedent for bundling POMs:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2504

Yes there are precedents; in fact, I found (after starting this
thread) that the geronimo-parent-poms package in F16 contains POMs
related to genesis, but uses the 1.5 POMs rather than 2.0, so the
"flava" POMs aren't included.  Could geronimo-parent-poms be updated
to 2.0 ?

And as for apache-parent, somehow even though org.apache:apache is
referenced as a parent in numerous fedora-packaged POMs on my system,
it's not packaged anywhere that I could see.  I didn't think the child
POMs were functional without the parent, but I guess I have
misunderstood this.  Still, it seems reasonable to have apache-parent
packaged.

--Andy