Re: Changes in Java packaging guidelines - RFC

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> Java SIG has prepared changes in current Java packaging guidelines. We
> would welcome wider discussion/comments at this point. From our point of
> view guidelines seem ready for approval by FPC.
>
> You can see current version of draft here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Akurtakov/JavaPackagingDraftUpdate
>
> Changes from current guidelines here:
> http://bit.ly/dy3YDe
>
> Comments are most welcome!

The GCJ guidelines became even more confusing. Right now the following
is added to the main Java Packaging guidelines:
"Building GCJ AOT bits is discouraged unless you have a very strong
reason to include them in the packages."

Two lines below this, you have a link to Packaging/GCJGuidelines. And
the first sentence when you go there says:
"GCJ AOT bits SHOULD be built and included in packages."

Please fix one or the other.

Thanks,
Orcan