Re: [fedora-astronomy] What is out there for CCD control?

On Dec 18, 2007 10:25 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 10:55 PM, Marek Mahut <mmahut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What typo of CCD camera do you have? I'm wondering how
> > hard is to pass the review process for kernel patches :)
>
> I don't have anything that's weight appropriately for moderate
> backyard scopes, I'm interested in seeing if the Apogee line of USB
> CCDs requires a driver or not.  The Kstars documentation seems to
> suggest that libusb is all you need for them.
>
> Kernel patches to the Fedora kernel aren't going to happen. It would
> be easier to try to get them upstreamed, but that won't be easy
> either.

Reading through the LWN Grumpy Editors guide to Cameras and his guide
to doing the OLPC one.. it isn't easy to deal with since they all have
hidden variables that you have no idea why you are setting at XYZ
unless you want it to break. I haven't done anything with CCD's as all
my imaging was done before CCD's were 'cheap'. We used a 1960's black
and white TV camera for the image gathering...

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Scitech]     [ARM Kernel]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Fedora Triage]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [NASA]