Re: Update on our teams work on the Fedora Raspberry Pi Remix Upgrade

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Jon Chiappetta
<Jon.Chiappetta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's hard to demonstrate some of the work we're doing since it's mainly just
> packaging (or re-packaging)
> programs and libraries (also cleaning up some of our mistakes made in
> overlapping namespaces of files).
> You can kind of track our progress on the mentioned site, which is listed
> here:
>
> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Fedora_ARM_Meeting_2012_July_11
>
> If that's not enough to satisfy you, I can try to shamelessly plug a little
> thing that our OpenGL guy (Andor Salga)
> helped me make. It's supposed to be a loading screen while the computer is
> booting but the
> trouble was that I couldn't use any reliance on X-based libraries like gtk,
> qt, or some other opengl libraries.
> So I took Broadcom's starter/example code and tweaked it a bit for our
> needs:
>
> http://fossjon.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/possible-raspberry-pi-splash-screen/
>
> Anyway, sorry if it seems like our team is severely distracted, we just have
> this tight deadline but we are
> still checking up on our build farm and its status (with the help of Paul
> Whalen too).

I have no issues with timing and things like that but could you at
least publish the binary repo with the X/kernel/library bits for those
of us that don't want nor care about glitzy startup thing but rather
want to use the device to hack on other Pi related things.

Can we please split the release of the official remix and having a
repository available?

Peter