Re: Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 11:38 -0400, Pam Chestek wrote:
> Looking at the list, my gut tells me that constellations, stars, etc.
> will be ratholes, as well as subatomic particles and Shakespeare
> names.  I would also avoid any category with last names (innovators,
> names in computer history and composers), since then we also have to
> worry about the right of publicity when clearing names. And I have to
> give more thought to book titles --

Okay, thanks for giving them a look-over! I can mark the list
appropriately and move those into a 'potential issues' category well
below the list.

> Just some food for thought if we go down the path of naming based on a
> theme, so we can be sure to pick a fertile, flexible theme rather than
> one that will offer nothing but frustration. We might want to consider
> running some test names in a proposed theme to see what kind of
> results we get.

One that I thought of after initially posting the wiki page: coffee shop
drinks? So however you order your tea or coffee... it would involve a
lot of modifiers and there are a lot of potential combos, no? Would that
ever be a problem? E.g.,

- triple soy latte
- skinny caramel macchiato
- hammerhead with cream