Re: Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Rajesh Ranjan <rranjan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even for nunbers, companies consider Connotation analysis:
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9011318/MS_Office_to_skip_past_unlucky_13_in_2009
>
> Lots of work and research people do in name selection:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/12/world/asia/picking-brand-names-in-china-is-a-business-itself.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Do you want someone else to do this? I don't see anything preventing
someone interested in this from just doing it and reporting the
results of their analysis back to the Board now.

I do recall discussion about F13 and whether or not we should skip
that one. I think we are sensitive about trying not to offend anyone
but inevitably since we can't devote armies of lawyers and marketing
people to research every name we use we rely on the good sense of
contributors and feedback from the community. I would be interested in
seeing such an analysis done on F18 names if someone would like to
volunteer to do it.

John