Re: Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

On 03/23/2012 05:28 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

What will be the direct consequences? Design? I'm not sure we're
fond of making artwork by name anymore, it's nice, some people
still care but it's time consuming etc. (my feeling). For packaging
- the name can be just replaced by generic fedora-something...
Not many people using it, so it can vanish. But as I said, I
still feel it as a part of "us" ;-)

I see the name used a lot *outside* of the distro, almost all reviews are using it because is adding a more personal touch to the cold release number (that and probably because Ubuntu used them with named releases).