Re: Fedora Torrent seeder plans and future

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 00:49:58 -0600
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 16:23:10 -0700,
>   Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1. Discontinue torrent seeding before F17 alpha.
>
> Some spins have not been advertised on the direct download pages (and
> to the best of my knowledge aren't mirrored). If torrents are not
> provided for these is there going to be a plan to get download links
> to them and have them mirrored? Is increasing the amount of stuff
> being mirrored going to cause a problem?

They are in fact mirrored and available for direct download. ;)

They are not in the main Fedora sync collection, but are in the 'alt'
collection. Currently thats not as widely mirrored as our main content,
but it is mirrored. I see 8 mirrors currently up to date on that
content.

> > 2. Discontinue torrent seeding, but generate "official" torrent
> > files for download so others in the community could seed if they
> > wished to.
>
> I don't think we want to do this. It will reflect badly on Fedora to
> have pointers to torrents where no one is seeding them. While the main
> spins will probably get someone to seed them, some of the less popular
> ones might not.

True.

kevin