Re: [Design-team] internet censorship statement for fedoraproject.org front page (was Re: FUDcon Board Meeting)

2012/1/17 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 23:19 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Jared was going to write up the exact text but it was to be general
>> and not explicit for US law in particular. What is the exact text you
>> currently have?
>
> I could not reach him today or yesterday and I asked on this list and in
> #fedora-advisory-board this morning if anyone else on the board could
> come up with something.

I know he was cleaning up FUDCon related things and then had alot of
driving ahead of him today so I suspect he may have been on the road.

> Since I didn't get anything back, Robyn and I came up with:
>
> "The Fedora Project does not promote internet censorship. Help stop SOPA
> and PIPA."
>
> Spot provided legal approval for the language. You can see it in
> staging, here:
>
> http://stg.fedoraproject.org
>
> This all happened on-list here, though. Although without the
> [Design-team] in the subject so maybe the thread got split up? (my bad
> for cc'ing so many lists)

The (rather intense) board discussion explicitly decided not to got
with an explicit SOPA/PIPA message with links to the explicit American
legislation as Fedora is an international project with members that
are exposed to internet censorship everyday. Can we adjust the message
to reflect that?

Peter