Re: Renaming F16 codename to "Ritchie"

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 03:05 PM, Chris Tyler wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 23:01 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>>> Ok, I do see the point about artwork. But I don't understand how is the
>>> release going to be dedicated exactly? I mean practically, is something going
>>> to be written somewhere, or otherwise how will most people know that F16 is
>>> dedicated to Ritchie?
>> Could be in release notes + release announcement...
> Yup. Exactly. At least the release announcement - I know that those of
> us in the marketing team who write the announcements would be happy to
> accommodate if people are agreeable to this idea. :)

As one person deeply moved by the death of Dennis Ritchie I would be
very happy to see in the press announcement and media coverage
surrounding the release of F16 that it was dedicated to the memory of
Dennis Ritchie. Perhaps the release notes could contain a small C
snippet in his honor. Something along the lines of

http://isc.sans.edu/diary.html?storyid=11806

would seem appropriate to me (although not original at this point).

John