Re: New trademark approval policy

On 8/1/11 8:23 AM, David Nalley wrote:
> That's led me to this bit of thinking: It should NEVER be harder to
> get things done inside of Fedora than it is to get the same things
> done outside Fedora.
>
> Are things going to be perfect?? No, but they aren't perfect now. We
> have a process in place that people either actively flout or they
> become bogged down trying to comply with and fail to get anything
> done.
>
> I know I am not directly responding to your questions, but I wonder if
> our approach in general isn't flawed.
>
> Thoughts, comments, flames, welcome:)

The immediate reaction I have to this is:  There is a difference between
a third party offering a copy of Fedora in their product space and the
Fedora project providing an official offering.

If it's coming from the Fedora project itself it needs to be documented,
reproducible, done with open source tools, and should be of the same
level of quality we expect for the Live CD or DVD offerings.

In short, we hold ourselves to a higher standard than we do other people.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!