Re: Discussion regarding Community Working Group and/or Ombudsman

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM, inode0 <inode0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't really think without a more clearly defined set of
> responsibilities for such a group there can be much sensible
> discussion of its composition. You mention a mediation role but I
> could imagine the CWG taking on a broader function than just dispute
> mediation. One of keeping an eye on the overall health of the
> community and one of intervening in problem pockets before there is a
> big fuss that escalates out of control. One of taking action to help
> foster healthy communities as opposed to one of reacting to problems
> after the fact. Something to think about in addition to dispute
> mediation maybe?

When the CWG was formed, it given a one year term with the initial
goal of determining whether a COC/enforcement guidelines were needed,
and then afterwards work on helping to maintain a friendly and
welcoming community. Sadly, somewhere along line, the Board felt the
CWG wasn't need any longer and started discussing disbanding it.
Regardless, it would have been nice to have been invited to these
discussions, instead of finding out about them afterwards (which
frankly, doesn't inspire much confidence in me about how they will
handle COC enforcements in the future).

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B ÂCBDE 326A E936 810C C15E