Re: Trademark license agreement status

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 08:34:41PM +0200, Richard Körber wrote:
> > Not at all Richard, as I stated in that post, I was trying to collect
> > all of the various changes that had come up so far, and then to
> > continue the open conversation that had been going on.  I'm not sure
> > how one could interpret that as ending the conversation, but I'm sorry
> > I wasn't clear enough about it.
>
> No, it wasn't meant that way. Sorry...
>
> The conversation ended with my question if putting the trademark sign
> note to the site's imprint would be sufficient, which remained
> unanswered. Later you posted the new draft, which did not address that
> concern at all. Nobody posted a comment to the draft for about a week,
> which actually irritates me, but there seems to be some kind of consensus.
>
> If I am the only one who is having concerns with the "Permitted Use"
> section, the problem is obviously me and not the TLA.

I don't think that's necessarily the case! :-)  I think Pam is still
gathering some information that would help us clarify whether and how
an imprint could be used to do what you suggest.

> > I'm not sure what this means -- where do you believe you have to rely
> > on hope?  If we know the answer to that, it would help us figure out
> > where the agreement might be unclear, so we can fix it.
>
> It's section 4 "Permitted Use", along with the Attachment C. I tried to
> explain it in the thread "Red Hat Comments on License Agreement".
>
> > Looking back, I think there may be an open question from you about
> > whether using trademark symbols in an imprint page would satisfy the
> > agreement.  Did we miss some other question that you feel hasn't been
> > answered?
>
> No, it was exactly that question... :-)

OK, the important thing is that we've captured it, and once Pam has
more information we can figure out how to handle that issue properly.
The idea is not to force unreasonable changes on any community site,
and if the language is unclear about that we want to clarify it.
Hopefully that makes you sleep a bit easier at night!