Re: RFC: virt-manager: Redesigned 'New VM' wizard

Cole Robinson napsal(a):
Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
Bryan Kearney wrote:
Cole Robinson wrote:
Bryan Kearney wrote:
Cole Robinson wrote:
Hi all,

Also the wizard should support multiple NICs and disks - perhaps from
step 5 -  be able to launch sub-wizards to add nic and add disk?

I think such a process would add non-trivial complication to the UI for
a rather niche case. For a user wanting a multi nic or disk configured
VM, I would point them at virt-install which easily scales in this
respect. Extra NICs could also be added post install, since I would
think only one would be required for the install process.

My opinion is that this can be solved by some sort of "do not start the VM and open VM details for fine tuning" option. I am not sure where I've seen this (VMWare ESX maybe?) but the last page of the wizard contained checkboxes like "start machine now" and "edit VM details after closing the wizard". With reasonable default values you can satisfy both advanced user and a "just to be done" user in a straight-forward way.
Radek