Re: RFC: Pushing virt-image data into Cobbler

Bryan Kearney wrote:
As part of the adk work, we have some code which reads the virt-image.xml file and pushes the metadata into cobbler. You can see the code at [1].

I would like to push this down into the virt-tools. It does not really fit as part of any of the existing tools. Would folks be ok with a virt-cobbler tool? Or perhaps virt-publish?

-- bk

[1] http://tinyurl.com/5s5kje

Random thought -- If this can be run locally as root, and I guess it can, you could just use the local Cobbler API and avoid the authentication issues.

My preference would be to keep this part of the ADK package as it wouldn't be useful unless someone installed the ADK and is probably lightweight enough to keep in that package, but having it documented on the Cobbler Wiki for folks to be able to find out about it would definitely be interesting -- even if that's a pointer to the ADK Wiki.

FYI -- I imagine most folks here don't know what the ADK is. Bryan is referring to http://thincrust.et.redhat.com -- he can give better background info on this than I can, so I'll let him do that and explain why it is interesting and what the Cobbler pieces do.

--Michael