Re: Problems accessing ActivIdentity USB SIM under Gentoo Linux 64 bit on Intel

On 01/20/2011 06:56 PM, dsm42@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Robert,

I've never seen Coolkey work with PIV, but all the cards I've used are hybrid CAC/PIV, so Coolkey uses the CAC applet. OpenSC handles PIV just fine and works with the same cards.

- David
Many of the new Cac's don't have the old CAC interface, only the PIV interface. Coolkey was recently modified to work with these cards, but it has never been tested against pure PIV cards. The ActiveIdenity card looks like it's a CAC, however.

bob