Odp: Re: AlphaCore 2.0 vs. AlphaServer 4100

Witam / Hello

Will you prepare ISO of AC2.0 with this update ?

Pozdrawiam / Regards,

Paweł Oleksiak

              Rieber Foods Polska S.A.
                       IT Department

             Sergey Tikhonov
             <tsv@xxxxxxxx>
             Wysłane przez:                                             Do
             axp-list-bounces@         Linux on Alpha processors
             redhat.com                <axp-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        DW

             23-03-2006 22:07                                        Temat
                                       Re: AlphaCore 2.0 vs. AlphaServer
                                       4100
                 Odpowiedz
               użytkownikowi
              Linux on Alpha
                processors
             <axp-list@redhat.
                   com>

Jay Estabrook wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:24:05PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
>

>>pawel.oleksiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>>My question: Is it possible to install AC2.0 on AlphaServer 4100? Enyone
>>>did it?
>>>

>>It seems that there is problem with AC2 on some AS4100s. The AC2 kernel
>>panics, we are trying to undertand why.
>>

>Just so you know, this has been a problem on AS1200 as well.
>
>But help is on the way! :-)
>
>I was able to fix the problems yesterday, and successfully booted and
>ran a UP kernel on both AS1200 and AS4100.

The new kernel packages are availabe at:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/2.0/updates/
version 2.6.15-1.1831.3_FC4axp

They should work on AS4100.

Regards,
Sergey.
tsv@xxxxxxxx

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any persons without subsequent
written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, Rieber & Son
disclaim all responsibility and accept no liability (including negligence)
for the consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on
such information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent
written confirmation.

If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.

distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited.

Rieber & Son ASA
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Bergen, Norway

[Home]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Legacy List]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Red Hat 9 Bible]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]