To: "Linux on Alpha processors" <axp-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: Next release of AlphaCore? JUST DO IT

I would like to know too, because alphacore was more for
gamers/techies/multimediafreaks. CentOS just missed some libraries, but
thats what you have to expect from an OS for business (its more or less
RHEL...)
.. and i just bought a voodoo card for my sx164...

So to say, im somewhat experienced with kernel compiling and configuring
(which seemed to be an issue for ac2.0), but im very very limited in
hardware (2x sx164, 1xas1000, 1xas2000, various flavours of dec 3000´s ...
[no bragging if you want one mail me])

My personal thought is the alphacore developers are now working with
centos... dont cry, as some famous sports-shoes maker said

"JUST DO IT"

if we dont do it who will???

pls reply if i can help anyhow for ac2.0 (i dont like fedora4 but it must be
done...)