Re: Electrical power for a 164LX ?

Mathieu Millet wrote:

Hi everyone,

My electrical power unit for my Alpha has just died (well 24/7 during 7
years was good enough).

I would like to replace it and since it is always turned on, I want to
pruchase a not too big power unit.

My 164LX is equipped with 384 MB of RAM, two Ethernet network card, a
UltraWide2 SCSI Card on PCI 64bits and 2 SCSI hard-drive (at 7200RPM).

Is a 200Watts power unit enough (that's what I had but sometimes I think
I had drive failure caused by electrical "congestion") ? Should I go
for a 250Watts unit ? even more ?

I  suggest AT LEAST 300W.

Cheers,

Maurice Hilarius                        The Past is History
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada          The Future is Mystery
                                               Today is a Gift
Phone (780) 456-1510                 That is why they call it
mailto:maurice@xxxxxxxxxxxx       The Present

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.

[Home]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Legacy List]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Red Hat 9 Bible]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]