AlphaCore 0.9 slow on a xp1000

Hi!

I've finished installing AlphaCore 0.9 on a AlphaStation XP1000 to make some tests and everything is slow. Very slow indeed.

This machine used to have a SuSE 8.1 install and it was as snappy as one can expect from this hardware, but AlphaCore just drags its feet everywhere.

Ok, I haven't upgraded to 1.0a yet (still downloading), but I wanted to know if other people with this same hardware experienced the same thing.

This box, together with an ES40 are used to crunch numbers, so every bit of performance is needed. If this is expected behaviour, I'll just revert back to the old install.

Any thoughts?

Carlos Rodrigues

[Home]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Legacy List]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Red Hat 9 Bible]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]