Why Fedora and not RHEL/CentOS?

Hi!

First of all, thanks to those doing the AlphaCore port. It is about to breathe fresh life into a couple of alphas we have here (I'm starting a test installation on a XP1000 as we speak).

But, there is something puzzling me. What is the reasoning behind doing the alpha port from Fedora Core instead of RHEL?

Since most alphas are now doing server stuff, following a more server-oriented, more stable and with a longer lifespan could be a better choice.

The port could be done, for instance, from CentOS (4.0). Are there any reasons behind the "fedora" choice, or did it "just happened to be like this"?

Carlos Rodrigues

[Home]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Legacy List]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Red Hat 9 Bible]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]