Re: Enterprise storage support in Anaconda for 18

Hi,
     This is in reference to the mailing list snapshot given below.

     I understand that by advanced device filtering we mean the capability given to the user to select a particular disk, with
a particular Filesystem type, for a particular mount-point. Say if the user wanted to select /dev/dasdb2 to be formatted as
ext2 (or reiserfs or anything), use mount-point "/var" for it, and choose the capacity to his/her will.

     I just wanted to know whether the F-17 like device filtering is to be totally done away with(Y/N), never to be seen again?
If that is positively the case, then what about the users who want to use a particular (say a high speed disk for low latency),
for a particular mount point? Or in other words what about the users who want to 'hand-customize' the device partitions,
and mount points.

--
-With regards,
 Manik Bajpai.

IBM Systems & Technology Labs,
D Block, 6th Floor,
Embassy Golf Links Business Park,
Bangalore 560071, INDIA
Email (Read opposite) : MOC MBI TENV XUNIL ta pjabinam