F18: will disk partitioning be fixed ?

The F18 anaconda partitioning is seriuosly flawed by following the Microsoft route of removing
control from the users.
Se bugzilla bugs 854105 and 855646

As an advanced user I still want to be able to install Fedora from the standard installation
media and partition my disks exactly as I want them or reuse an existing disk layout without at
any moment having doubts about it.

This is requiring all available information about disks (e.g. model and serial number) as well
as size, position and type of partitions.

It is also requiring an easy way of creating partitions whether they are related to a mount
point or not (swap).

I am talking here about very basic functions, which should be available.

It appears to me, that the current alpha release of the partitioning has been focusing too much
on fancy icons.

Will in F18 a version be included, which cannot be considered a lesser product than earlier
versions ?

- Jørgen Th.