Re: F18 RC1 btrfs fstab seems wonky

On Sep 11, 2012, at 11:38 AM, David Lehman wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 21:37 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:53 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>

>>> Expected:
>>> 1a. /dev/sda1 should be mounted at /boot
>>> 1b. fstab should reference sda1 UUID for mounting at /boot as ext4
>>> 2.  fstab should reference sda2 UUID for mounting at / as btrfs
>>
>> I'm seeing subvolumes root and home were created by anaconda. fstab needs the subvol option for those to be used and presently neither are. Presently, my user folder ends up in the root subvolume, instead of home, instead of the home subvolume.
>>
>> I'm gonna guess this just isn't all quite done yet is all.
>
> Looks like nobody's calling storage.write() for live installs yet.

Also, the installer allows me to set /boot to btrfs, but after file system creation the installer fails with error. It appears sda1, set to be /boot, was not formatted at all, neither as btrfs or ext4 – based on dd'ing 1MB to a file, hexdump shows it's all zeros.

Maybe this is premature for F18, but if /boot on btrfs is supportable, I'd like to see a boot subvolume so that it can be independently snapshotted, and quotaed.

Chris Murphy