Re: expectations for Fedora 18-Alpha-TC3

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 12:45 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> 1.
> Installation Summary: has a Continue button
> 	Date & Time: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Language: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Keyboard: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Installation Source: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Network Configuration: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Software Selection: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Installation Destination: has a Continue button
>
> Seeing as the UI lets me do these things in any order, it seems arbitrary that Storage alone gets a "Continue" button.

Storage is more than one step. The other dialogs aren't. Storage is by
far the most complex section. So it's not arbitrary.

> 2. If all Installation Summary items are complete, lacking an orange
> triangle warning, I can "Continue" from the installation summary page.
> However, if I merely enter Installation Source, make no changes, and
> click "Back," now "Software Selection" inexplicably has an orange
> triangle next to it, and I can no longer "Continue" from the
> installation summary page, as the Continue button is grayed out.

That sounds like a bug if you didn't make any changes.

> 3. Despite the condition where I cannot Continue from the Installation
> Summary, if I go into Installation Destination, the Continue button
> there is not grayed out. If I click it, and click Continue on the
> dialog which appears, I'm returned to Installation Summary.

Are you confused because the storage section has a continue that isn't
the same as the installation summary's continue?

The installation summary's continue was labeled 'continue with install'
http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Prototypes/Previews/hub-mock_15jun.1.png

Is that not the case now?

~m