ignoredisk in RHEL 6.0, anaconda 13.21.149

I am trying to find some information regarding how ignoredisk works and to see if it’s use has changed since RHEL5.  In RHEL 6/anaconda 13.21.149  when I am installing with USB media and I use ignoredisk --disk=<list of disks which includes the USB drive> (like ignoredisk --disk=sda,sdc )my install fails with the message (from storage/__init__.py in my version of anaconda):

     "The installation source given by device [‘LABEL=IPMDISK'] could not be found".

It appears that in RHEL 6 when anaconda is looking for installation media, it will ignore the drives in this list.  I have used this option exactly the same way in RHEL 5 and it did not have this issue.

The documentation I have found for ignoredisk only states that it ignores these devices “when partitioning, formatting and clearing” which doesn’t appear to have changed for RHEL6.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#ignoredisk states:

    ignoredisk

    Controls anaconda's access to disks attached to the system. Only one of the following two options may be used.

    ignoredisk --drives=[disk1,disk2,...]

    Specifies those disks that anaconda should not touch when partitioning, formatting, and clearing.

    ignoredisk --only-use=[disk1,disk2,...]

    Specifies the opposite - only disks listed here will be used during installation.

    ignoredisk --interactive

    Allow the user manually navigate the advanced storage screen.

I have tried both options listed above, using the --drives option to ignore disks I don’t want to install onto, or with the --only-use, with the same results.

I have searched the web looking for anything regarding this but have only found this one link:

    http://grokbase.com/t/centos/centos/117x0rppsg/kickstart-and-centos-6-episode-2

Is this expected behavior for ignoredisk now?  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Art Baldini