Re: Cannot figure out the driver for nVidia sound chip

On 11/09/11 14:47, Bill Unruh wrote:
> I suspect that alsa, for some random reason, decided to make the video camera
> the first or primary sound device suddenly (how it decides that is a mystery
> in linux).

That was my guess, too.  However, going through Yast and specifying that
the motherboard sound was to be device 0 did no good.  Tried that.

This all really means that somebody somewhere ought to make it possible
to configure more easily.  Especially given that the usb camera did not
have speakers.  (A mic it had, but my mic worked.)  My two audio outputs
were the chassis speaker and my headphones.

Thank you so much for your help!!  Regards, Bruce